Delivery People 2018-19
Join other volunteers in delivering student food packs for Backpack Meals for Kids to Bellevue Schools. Because of confidentiality of students, we prefer that volunteers drive to the same school each week and get to know the contact staff at the school in order to create a collaborative relationship between BPM volunteers and school staff. The packs are to be delivered preferably by 11 am. Send questions to Maggie Rader, volunteer coordinator, at [email protected]
Bellevue School District Warehouse (see directions below)
Every Thursday except school holiday breaks.
Please be sure to sign up online! Just click on the dates.
It is important for us to make sure we have enough volunteers.
What should you expect ?
- Everyone should be sure to sign in on the volunteer form created for you when arriving at delivery. It is important that we calculate hours volunteered each week. If you need a signature to verify community service hours, find the Backpack Meals organizer.
- Every volunteer should complete the volunteer application and liability release forms. Please scroll down for the link to the forms.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing as you will be carrying food packs in boxes.
- Having kids help with the delivery is a great way to introduce them to community service, but kids under 5 too often get underfoot when volunteers are lifting and carrying packs of food. This is a safety concern and the reason we cannot have kids under 5 attend these events.
- We need approximately 25 volunteers for delivery - one volunteer per school.
Directions to the Bellevue School District Warehouse (12037 NE 5th St):
- FROM I-405, Take the NE 8th Street Eastbound exit. Follow eastbound to 120th (at second light), turn RIGHT on 120th. Follow 120th southbound. Take a left on 5th St and proceed up hill (as you turn the school bus barn will be on right). Transportation is the first building on the right. The warehouse is the second building on the right. On the upper side of the warehouse is MSC.