Church of the Epiphany
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 @ Noon
IT'S COLD, BUT THE SERVICE WILL TAKE PLACE TODAY, SO BUNDLE UP!
On Ash Wednesday, we will gather for an outdoor service at noon. The service will include the imposition of ashes and communion.
Ash Distribution: Diocesan guidelines do not allow clergy to impose ashes for safety reasons during COVID, therefore bags of ashes will be given during the service to those who attend the noon outdoor service. If you find that you are not comfortable with self-administering ashes, our prayer book assures us that the rite is full and complete without the actual imposition of ashes. We remember that even in these strange times, God is present wherever and however we gather.
DIOCESAN COVID GUIDELINES
- Worship services will be outdoors in the parking lot.
- We are limited in the number of people who can attend; therefore, you must sign up in advance for those services.
- When you arrive, please make sure you are checked in by one of our volunteers.
- In the event of inclement weather or if temperatures fall below 45° we will cancel the outdoor service by way of email at 9 a.m. Check your email on the day of the service if the weather is uncertain.
- Bring your own chair if you would like to sit.
- Everyone who attends will be required to wear a mask, practice strict social distancing and sit in designated spots ten feet apart from others who are not in your household.
- You must bring your own Book of Common Prayer or electronic device with the bulletin downloaded from our website. Since the Wi-Fi outside is spotty, print your own copy to bring with you just in case.
- Bathrooms will be closed so plan accordingly.
AFTER THE SERVICE
If you should develop symptoms of COVID-19 and/or test positive within five (5) days of attending an in-person service please contact Parish Administrator L. Shea McNutt at [email protected] or 404.373.8338 ext. 10.
12:00pm - 1:00pm EST
Paved Parking Lot
|| Church of the Epiphany