DC Food & Fellowship
Our DC Food & Fellowship mission typically occurs on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month. You can get involved by providing food and beverages, helping pack items into vehicles, and/or coming to DC to distribute these items and enjoy fellowship with our food needy friends.
We have set up this electronic sign up system so that we can always know who is helping out on any particular date. Here is the key information about our needs:
"Gift Bag" Distribution in DC:
We currently go to Franklin Park, but this may change later this year. You can follow us in your vehicle, or catch a ride with someone attending. Families are welcome. Even elementary school kids have been involved. But children younger than school aged are not recommended.
We serve in DC from approximately 12:15pm - 1:00pm.
Dress appropriately for the weather, as we serve outside. Jeans and sweatshirts are the typical attire. Do not wear jewelry. Do not bring additional items to hand out without checking with us first (and only if you have 100+ items to share).
We need a minimum of 100 sandwiches each time we go to DC. If you are interested in making sandwiches, please follow these guidelines:
- Prepare 24 sandwiches on Saturday or Sunday.
- Hoagie or Kaiser rolls are preferred
- 12 Turkey and cheese
- 12 Ham and cheese (or Bologna & cheese)
- NO condiments, lettuce, or tomato.
- Individually wrap each sandwich (e.g. plastic wrap, aluminum foil, baggies), and mark each sandwich as turkey, ham, or bologna.
- If you bring the sandwiches before 10am Sunday, please place them in the kitchen refrigerator or the refrigerator in the sanctuary area, and mark the bag as "DC Food."
We also need drinks, crackers, fruit cups, chips, and Nutrigrain / chewy granola bars, as well as hygiene baggies (body wash, shampoo, cream, toothpaste, toothbrush, q-tips, etc..). If you wish to contribute these they will be placed in the closet in the Fellowship Hall and used when we pack the bags.
Please select your date and item(s) you are contributing from the sections that follow.
Thank you for your contribution.
Questions? - Contact: Larry Newell at [email protected] (703) 771-6092 or Ron Harding at [email protected] (703) 499-2397.