Loaves & Fishes Meal
If you are not feeling well or are a part of a higher risk demographic for COVID-19, we ask that you do not volunteer at this time to best protect our volunteers and the guests we serve. Thank you!
Loaves and Fishes is a free meal program that serves those in need across Minnesota since 1981. St. Michael's partners with Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Minneapolis to provide a nutritious meal for anyone who walks through the doors! Because of the generosity of our members and your service, we are able to feed 75-150 people ever other month.
When St. Michael's makes a meal at Loaves and Fishes, our leftovers are creatively used by the L+F staff for meals throughout the week when there are no volunteers to provide food. Our menu of BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies and fruit is a favorite of the guests AND the staff!
If you are new to this ministry, here are some important things to note:
- We serve a meal 6x a year, on the third Monday of the following months: January, March, May, July, September, November
- Holy Rosary is located at: 2424 18th Ave S, Minneapolis
- Please bring a hat and apron with you- all volunteers must wear a hat or hairnet.
- The entrance to Holy Rosary is off the parking lot. Enter the staircase that goes down into the kitchen. Ring the door bell on the door and you will be let in.
- Youth are invited to help us serve and clean up! Youth 16 and older are able to participate in all volunteer opportunities but youth 15 and younger cannot volunteer in the kitchen or serve hot food items. It is suggested by Loaves and Fishes that youth 8 and younger not attend.
- Bring a friend! We are always welcoming new volunteers to this wonderful ministry.
- Come hungry, volunteers are encouraged to eat with guests!
If you would like to prep the food, please arrive to Loaves and Fishes by 1:30.
If you would like to serve the food, please arrive by 5pm. Serving begins at 5:15
If you would like to help clean dishes/dinning room, please arrive by 5:45 Clean up helpers are always needed! Please consider staying after your shift to help our clean up happen quickly!
Thank you for your ministry to our community!