Food Mobile Distribution
Mobile Food Truck Volunteer Responsibilities
Food Truck Distribution is the second Tuesday of each month. Volunteers are needed from
1:30 p.m.-4:30 pm (Distribution will be 2:00 pm-4:00 pm but the truck will arrive around 1:30)
There will be two St. Michael’s volunteers during the distribution time.
- Set up Welcome/Registration Table in Narthex (Staff may have set up in advance. If not, please set up the area with the following items and do not hesitate to ask the office staff for help!)
- 1 Rectangle table on wheels (in Courtyard Room)
This will be the registration table
- 1 Rectangle table (in the Courtyard Room Storage Room)
This will be the bread table
- 1 Round table (in storage room in the Courtyard Room)
This will be the waiting table for guests
- 1 chair at the rectangle table
- 6 chairs around the round table
- Get Panera bread from the kitchen and put on rectangle table
- Get Panera treats from the kitchen and put on the round table
- Get pitcher of water with paper cups (in Courtyard Room Kitchenette),
fill pitcher of water and put pitcher and cups at the table
- Retrieve the “Mobile Food Distribution Box” from the office for the
registration table. It contains:
- intake forms
- other Keystone resources
- a paper pad
- post it notes
- coloring sheets and crayons
for kids who might be
waiting with parents
- One volunteer will work at the registration table to welcome guests. If a guest is not registered
with Keystone, they will need to fill out an intake form. This volunteer ensures that guests are
comfortable while waiting, directing them to restrooms if necessary. If many guests arrive at once, create a system to keep track of who is next in line to visit the mobile food truck. Guests are free to take a loaf of Panera bread before or after they are on the truck.
IMPORTANT: Guests should not leave the narthex area. Northern Voices hallways are explicitly off limit since it is school hours and strangers on their side of the building may send them into lockdown.
- The other volunteer will work on the food truck with the Keystone Staff Member and assist with
guests who are shopping for food.
- After the distribution, give remaining bread to the Keystone Staff Member. Return “Mobile Food
Distribution Box” to the office and return tables and chairs to the Courtyard Room. Wash water
pitcher and throw away any trash.
Other important notes:
- Food Distribution goes from 2-4pm
- Questions about intake should be directed to the Keystone Staff Member
- Food Shelf clients are our guests! Hospitality is very important!
Please contact a pastor if you feel a guest requires extra assistance