Mundelein Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH)
URGENT need for new Team Leaders this year due to increase in serving sites!
Click here for Team Leader Training Info and Registration!
Online sessions available until May 29th.
Mundelein LUNCH (Local United Network to Combat Hunger) is a loose affiliation of volunteers (mostly from Mundelein churches) who are working together to serve free meals to children in select Mundelein locations every weekday.
The meals are provided each day by the Northern Illinois Food Bank and the cost is covered by the federal government's Summer Food Service program.
Service Site locations (UPDATED for 2020):
Time and Dates:
- Every weekday (Monday-Friday) from noon until 1pm (no service on July 4th)
- For 2020, the program runs from June 1 to August 7
Who can get a free meal:
- Any child 18 or under is eligible to receive a meal free of charge. The usual restriction is that the meal must be consumed on site. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, a parent/guardian may request a meal for their child(ren) to be eaten safely at home until further notice.
Participating Congregations (in alphabetical order):
Ways you can help:
- Sign up to volunteer! Team Leader slots are restricted to those who have taken the Northern Illinois Food Bank Training, but there is no training required for Site Volunteers. It's easy and a lot of fun!
Team Leader Requirements and Duties (updated info coming soon)
Site Volunteer Requirements and Duties (updated info coming soon)
Other changes for 2020 (so far) include:
- Service site changes - we will be serving at FOUR locations near housing and not in parks, at least for the start of the summer season. Note that the signup is organized differently this year with each site having its own tab at the top.
- Meals will not be required to be eaten on site (again, at least for June) and parents can take meals for children not present.
- Site Volunteers report directly to service site this year (no loading of vans, but please help unload at site). Team Leaders and the Weekly Coordinators will still be needed to load meals at Mundelein High School.
You may use the optional comment field to indicate:
- if you'll be bringing your child (15 and under),
- your church or organizational affiliation (if any)
- any unusual situation (need to arrive late or leave early / lifting restrictions / etc.)
Follow us on Facebook !
|| Alex Molozaiy