St. Timothy Life Teen
Thank you for your interest in helping to feed our teens! Having a light dinner provided is sometimes the difference between whether or not a teen stays for ministry after the 5pm Mass, so your help is much appreciated in bringing teens to Jesus through Life Teen!
- A light dinner/heavy appetizers of 80 servings. Most items include the servings per container on the label to help gage quantity. This does not need to be a full dinner, just enough to hold teens over for a few hours. Our goal is to avoid leftovers to help minimize overspending and food waste.
- Food ready to serve in the kitchen at 6:15pm each of the Sundays listed below
- Kitchen cleaned up after any meal prep done on site
- All volunteers must be current in their Safe Environment training. Please contact Lisa Law if you have questions about Safe Environment. ([email protected])
- The parish kitchen (including serving trays/dishes) is available for prep beginning at 4pm each Sunday
- We have a budget of up to $125 for food each week. Cooks are encouraged to purchase ingredients on their own (Costco, Smart & Final, or Chef's Store are some of our favorites) and complete a reimbursement request form at the Life Night which will require the original receipt(s). A reimbursement check will be mailed by the end of that week. *If you are not able to purchase ingredients on your own, please contact Meagan to make arrangements no less than one week prior, so that the food may be purchased and then picked up by you for preparation.
- Some items, like condiments, and all plates/utensils are kept in stock at the parish. Please feel free to contact Meagan about specific items which may not need to be purchased.
- Cooks are welcome to make any food dishes they prefer! Please keep in mind that most teens prefer simple food, especially for this situation. Some ideas are listed below. Please check to see what other meals are already being served according to the list to avoid repeat meals for the semester.
- Meals do not need to include drinks.
- It is recommended that those preparing food consider attending a Mass alternate to the 5pm if a meal requires food to be prepared/warmed close to the serving time.
- Cooks need not remain after 6:15 unless clean up is needed in the kitchen. The teens and core will finish any final clean up and take care of left overs after the end of the Life Night.
Tacos, salad bar, mashed/baked potato bar with toppings, hummus with pita chips & veggies, sloppy joe's, corn dogs, bruschetta, egg rolls, soft pretzels with cheese, tater tots, grilled cheese, pancakes & sausage, waffles and toppings, chicken wings with sauce variety, cheesy garlic bread, spaghetti, sliders (pulled pork, burgers, etc.), loaded french fries, spinach dip & chips, monkey bread, stir fry, pizza rolls (homemade or store bought)...or add your own idea!
**A completely separate vegetarian/non-gluten/non-dairy option isn't necessary but if there's a way to allow teens to piece food together on their plate individually so that they can avoid any food preferences/allergies it's helpful!