Summer Nutrition Program
We are going to start our extended version of the Summer Nutrition Program on April 20 and we invite your group to once again volunteer as you are able. During this time of COVID 19 the program will look very different than our community meals of the past, but will serve a critical need in our community. Please read carefully before volunteering and feel free to call/email me with any questions: Joy Shillingsburg 919-229-9015 / [email protected]
1. Meals will be served at the Hope House 334 North Allen Road Wake Forest from 5-6pm- Meals will be unitized and catered by Boston Market. We will serve meals by drive or walk through outside of the Hope House following CDC and Wake County social distancing practice guidelines.
2. We will take temperatures of all volunteers when they arrive. Volunteers are expected to arrive at 4:30pm
3. Volunteers will be required to wear masks. Volunteers must bring their own masks to the site as we do not have a supply.
4. We have a limited supply of gloves. Each volunteer will be required to have gloves, please bring your own if you have them. Churches are encouraged to donate any extra gloves they have from their kitchens to this program, email Joy if you are able to donate ([email protected]).
5. We are limiting volunteers to 3 each night and volunteers MUST BE AT LEAST 15 YEARS OLD.
6. Right now we are authorized to serve until May 15, I suspect we will be serving for the rest of the school year and summer, I will update this sign up as I learn more. If you would like to donate gloves, masks or money, contact Joy. There may be other ways to help, stay tuned.
7. Dinner will be served from 5-6pm and we will need volunteers to arrive by 4:30pm and stay until about 6:30 to set up curbside, serve and clean up- do not volunteer if you have any symptoms or a temperature above normal.
8. Volunteers must park across the street from Hope House in the empty lot on the corner of East Nelson and North Allen Rd.
334 North Allen Rd, Wake Forest, NC 27587
|| Joy Shillingsburg