Chef of the Day
With vaccines being readily available to the public, effective July 1st, 2021 in-house volunteering has resumed with some restrictions to continue to protect all guests of Nora's Home. All volunteers coming within the home must:
- Provide documentation of being FULLY VACCINATED* or provide documentation of a negative PCR swab with the results occurring within 72 hrs prior to service (both digital or paper formats are accepted)
- Wear a mask and social distance in common areas
- Sanitize their hands and receive a temperature check at the front desk (temperature must be below 100.3 F)
- Limit group numbers to 2 individuals serving within the home.
- Note: up to two (2) persons can serve the patients meals directly for the time-being.
*"Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or the second and final dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. Any vaccinated persons within the 14 day window must provide documentation of a negative PCR swab.
If an individual cannot meet the above listed criteria, we welcome volunteers to serve as Virtual Chefs of the Day. You can serve as a Virtual Chef by:
- Preparing a meal yourself and dropping it off for our guests
- Delivering a take-out or a catered meal
- Providing a restaurant gift-card or donation specifically targeted for a family meal
Our guests could use a delicious and comforting meal more than ever right now. As usual, we aim to serve dinner at 6pm. Our highest occupancy nights tend to be Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and a typical family dinner during this period will serve approximately 35 to 40 guests. Once you have scheduled your date, we will give you a call if the headcount changes significantly and confirm whether you will be serving virtually or in-person. Please use the calendar below to schedule your dinner.
If you have any questions, the Nora’s Home staff stands ready to answer them and to facilitate your generous gift! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 832-831-3720. Thank you for your cooperation and support!