The Children's Attention Home
Care Kits are shared with our children as they enter our care. We are currently in need of Welcome, Household, Kitchen, Snack Packs, & Family Fun Night Kits. Although we have the capability to serve children ages birth to 21, the majority of children in our care at this time are teens.
Welcome Care Kits are shared with our children as they enter care. Please place all items in a purse, duffel bag, book bag, or a basket.
- Middle Age Girls/Boys-yoyo, hat/hair accessories, puzzle, slinky, lip balm, art supplies, PG Rated DVD, activity book, water bottle, small purse, wallet, uno, jacks, or other age/gender specific items.
- Teen Boys-watch, wall art, alarm clock, deodorant, body wash, earphones, wallet, journal & pen, cologne, water bottle, sunglasses, gum/mint, universal charging cord, USB drive, hat.
- Teen Girls- body lotion, body wash, body spray, earphones, wallet, journal & pen, perfume, body wash, lip balm, nail polish, lip gloss, water bottle, sunglasses, gum/mint, travel umbrella, USB drive, adult coloring book, colored pencils, jewelry set.
Household Care Kits provide essentials for our cottages. Please place all items in a laundry basket.
- Toilet Tissue (not charmin)
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Bleach Tablets
- Fabric Softener (liquid & sheets)
- Disinfectant Spray & Wipes
Kitchen Care Kits provide essentials for our kitchen.
- 55 Gallon Trash Bags
- Paper Plates, Cups, & Bowls
- Plastic Cutlery (forks & spoons only)
- Paper Napkins
- Ziploc Bags (Sandwich & Gallon Size)
- Paper Towels
Family Fun Night Kits are shared with our cottages and are used on Friday evenings for Family Fun Nights with our children & staff. Family Fun Night Kits include the following:
- Newly Released DVD or Board Game
- Drinks for 16 people (3 liter soda, can drinks, or juice boxes)
- Microwave Popcorn
Snack Packs are purchased and shared with our children as we serve three snacks per day. Please purchase gallon size ziploc bags and place assorted snacks in each bag.
- Cereal Bars, Pop Tarts, Gold Fish Pretzels, Cheddar Gold Fish, Oreo's, Rice Krispy Treats, Scooby Doo Graham Crackers, Chips, Fruit Snacks, Cheese Its, Animal Crackers, Veggie Stix, Beef Jerky, Lil Debbie Cakes, etc
Q: Am I required to include all of the suggested items in our kit?
A: No. The list of items are only suggestions. Feel free to include some, most, or all of the items. We appreciate your support and we are thankful for whatever you can do for us.
Q: Is there a due date for the care kits?
A: Welcome Kits are needed as soon as possible. We ask for a two week turn around for snack packs, hygiene kits, and family movie night kits.
Instructions for Delivery
1) Care Welcome Kits can be delivered to the home ANYTIME between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm Monday-Friday. Delivery after business hours can be made by appointment. Our address is confidential, and we ask that you call our front office to receive our address at (803) 328-8871.
2) Please be sure to sign our In Kind Donation Form located in the front lobby as we use this information to track your gifts and to send acknowledgement letters.
Questions, Comments, or Concerns
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] or (803) 372-6840.
|| Sharada Abraham