Discovery Community Partnerships
Thank you for volunteering!
Barcroft PTA has provided a very specific list of food items so that each bag is the exact same. Please make sure to include all of the items listed below for each grocery kit and snack bag. THANK YOU!
Please complete the sign-up and select the number of kits and/or snack bags you would like to donate.
We encourage getting your children involved by asking them to create a note of kindness (in English or Spanish) to include in the grocery kit.
It is important to include the exact size and quantity listed in order to standardize all bags. Please no mega-sized or additional items - the bags are given to students to carry home.
GROCERY KIT ITEMS
5 items/kit - Please package each kit separately in a plastic grocery bag.
- One bag of beans (1 pound, any variety)
- One can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- One box of COMPLETE pancake mix (32 oz)
- Cooking oil (24 oz canola or vegetable)
- One cup of instant Easy Mac
SNACK BAG ITEMS
6 items/bag - Please package each bag separately in a brown paper lunch bag.
- Two granola bars
- Two snack size bags (goldfish, pretzels, etc)
- Two fruit cups or applesauce cups
DONATION DROP OFF: 2 options
1) Between now and Wednesday, October 21st @ 6pm. Please place your kits in the outside bins located at:
4610 22nd St., N, Arlington, VA
4827 30th St., N, Arlington, VA
2) Discovery ES library pick-up/drop-off on Wednesday, October 21st between 2:30-4:30 pm.
Thank you for helping our neighborhood families get the essential food they need for the weekend!
|| Dimitry Beauchamp