Heart of the Valley Homebrewers
Volunteering for the 11th Annual Septembeerfest
Thank you for taking the time to consider volunteering for the Heart of Valley Homebrewers Septembeerfest.
On September 15th, 2018, the Heart of the Valley Homebrewers Septembeerfest will mark its 11th anniversary. This fall festival has grown steadily since its inception and has become an expected tradition of the Corvallis beer scene as we endeavor to highlight the best and most interesting beers, ciders, and meads produced regionally and beyond. This year Septembeerfest is once again among the trees of Avery Park, and serves as the showcase event of Corvallis Beer Week.
Last year marked another fantastic Septembeerfest with attendance of over 3,400 participants. We boasted an awesome beer, cider and mead selection (77 varieties on 69 taps), great music and food. Most importantly, we raised over $30,000 for Linn-Benton Food Share, the Heart of the Valley Homebrewers’ Endowment at Oregon State University, supporting scholarships in Fermentation Science, and the Glen Hay Falconer Foundation. Since 2006 Heart of the Valley Homebrewers, a non-profit organization, has donated over $178,000 to support a number of worthy local charities and organizations.
It is with your help that Septembeerfest can be a fun-filled community celebration of the local homebrewers and craft beer industry, as well as a successful fundraiser. We have many different opportunities available depending on your skill set and availability. Although a majority of the volunteer shifts are on the day of the festival, we have other volunteer opportunities on different days as part of our setup, teardown and cleanup.
You say you're interested...well that's great! To become a Septembeerfest volunteer we simply ask you to sign up for at least one Volunteer shift (more is okay!), show up 20 minutes prior to your shift for any last minute instructions/questions, and attend your shift in its duration. Educate yourself about your specific Volunteer shift and all things Septembeerfest then share that information with those patrons you come in contact with. Most Volunteer shifts are 3-5 hours and are a fun way for craft beer enthusiasts to help out! We also ask that you abide by the Volunteer Guidelines listed below.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Email: [email protected]
Volunteer Packet Includes
- Septembeerfest Volunteer T-shirt
- Admission into Septembeerfest
- Volunteer Job Description (Potential OLCC Documentation)
Day of Benefits...Upon Entering at Admission Gate
- Septembeerfest Commemorative Glass
- 8 Beverage Tickets
- Late shift and multi-shift volunteers get free access to our onsite VIP After Party!
General Volunteer Guidelines
- Know when your Volunteer shift is and make plans to attend.
- Show up 20 minutes early and familiarize yourself with the shift you will be covering.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages during your Volunteer shift. Our liability insurance policy specifically forbids it. Any Volunteer found to be consuming alcoholic beverages during their Volunteer shift will be asked to leave.
- Imbibe responsibly, encourage others to do the same, and make good transportation decisions.
- Have Fun!!!
|| Septembeerfest Volunteer Coordinator