Muskego, WI Lion's Club
MUSKEGO LION'S CLUB COMMUNITY FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE
Saturday, October 24, 2020
9:00AM to 1:00PM
POLONIA SOCCER CLUB CLUBHOUSE
10200 W. LOOMIS RD. FRANKLIN, WI 53132
Cost: $50 payable by cash or check on the day of attending the course
This course is Wisconsin Department of Justice recognized to fulfill the training requirement for obtaining a Wisconsin Carrying Concealed Weapon (CCW) License. After successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate which qualifies for proof of training to obtain your CCW License. You will be taught this course by veteran street cops, not a store clerk at your local sporting goods or gun store! You will receive a police perspective regarding the content of this course.
The Competencies and Learning Objectives:
- Adhering to firearm safety rules.
- Identify safe firearm and ammunition use, handling, transport, and storage.
- Advise your family on the safety rules for weapons in your home.
- Advise your children what to do when they come across a weapon.
- Review Wis. Stat. §- 948.55, Leaving or storing a loaded firearm within the reach or easy access of a child.
- Identify ways to conceal a weapon.
- How to maintain control of your weapon.
- Review techniques for avoiding and controlling violent confrontations.
- Demonstrate what to do when you encounter law enforcement.
- Review legally permissible possession, transportation, and use of firearms, including use of deadly force.
- Review Wis. Stat. §- 939.48, Self defense and the defense of others.
- Review Wis. Stat. §- 939.49, Defense of property and protection of retail theft.
- List the locations where you cannot carry concealed.
Wisconsin CCW License Requirements:
- Applicant is at least 21 years of age. Applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal or state law.
- Applicant is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a firearm.
- Applicant is a Wisconsin resident as indicated by a current and valid Wisconsin driver license or identification card.
- Applicant can provide adequate proof of training as required by law.
9:00am - 1:00pm CDT
Polonia Soccer Club Clubhouse, 10200 W. Loomis Rd. Franklin, WI 53132
|| Michael Kuspa