Reston Employment Resource Center
Upon reopening, the Reston Employment Resource Center (11484 Washington Plaza W, Suite 110, Reston, Virginia 20190) will focus on the following in-person services:
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation assistance
- Tools, resources, and assistance for job search, and career advancement
- Career coaching
If you are seeking assistance with Unemployment Compensation, please click on this link to apply online or call the VEC Customer Contact Center by calling 1-866-832-2363, Monday through Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Saturday. Questions regarding your Unemployment Insurance claim or benefits cannot be answered at your appointment.
If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance in the notes section, by calling 703-533-5400, TTY 711 VA Relay, or when you are contacted for your appointment confirmation.
One appointment (virtual or in-person) is available daily for each person. If you are unable to schedule an appointment for the time that you need please contact us by email at [email protected], calling 703-533-5400, TTY 711 and leave a voicemail, or call Raj Narula at 571-279-4553, TTY 711 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All customers will receive a phone call or email to confirm their appointment and the health and safety precautions that must be followed during their appointment.
- Customers are limited to one appointment per person; multiple appointments made by the same person will be canceled.
- Customers who arrive late will not be allowed to stay beyond their original scheduled appointment time.
- Please do not bring other people with you to your appointment, such as children or family members, unless you need them to assist with translation or for personal assistance; Reston Employment Resource Center can only allow a limited number of people in the Center at one time.
- Please plan to arrive no more than 10 minutes early for your scheduled appointment.
When you arrive at the Center, you will notice our offices look a little different. Our staff will be wearing personal protective gear. The counters will have clear plexiglass partitions and fewer computers and chairs will be available.
We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously and are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health guidance as we gradually welcome our customers back to the Reston Employment Resource Center.
- Customers should not come for an appointment if they are feeling ill or have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Customers are encouraged to wear a mask, unless they are fully vaccinated, and to maintain social distancing when possible.
Specific information about COVID-19 case data in the Fairfax Heath District is available on the county dashboard (https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/case-information). More pandemic-related information on the county’s COVID-19 webpage or the emergency blog (https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/).
|| Reston Employment Resource Center