Here are the current guidelines for preparing a meal for the Ronald McDonald House.
• Guest Chef groups may include a maximum of four (4) volunteers. Everyone who comes with your group will count toward this total and must be there to actively participate.
• Guest Chef volunteers must be at least 18 years old. As an increased precaution at this time, children are not currently able to participate.
• All volunteers must be completely illness/symptom free (cold, flu, fever, stomach virus, etc.) for at least 14 days prior to volunteering.
• Participants will complete a health questionnaire and temperature reading upon arrival at the House. We also ask volunteers who test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of any volunteerism to let us know as soon as possible.
• Volunteers must wear facemasks and gloves. Participants must bring masks and RMHCC will provide gloves. Additional health practices during participation will include frequent hand washing and changing gloves; and, no face, hair or phone touching.
• Volunteers may not have traveled outside of South Carolina within 14 days of participating.
• Volunteers should consider personal health risks and limitations prior to volunteering. The CDC defines higher risk individuals as older adults (65+), and people with serious, chronic medical conditions (heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, etc.). Food Safety:
• Cooking On-Site: Your group will receive direction from our Volunteer Coordinator to safely prepare, cook and assemble all food in the House kitchen.
• Safety Practices: Volunteers must practice good food safety hygiene, including frequent handwashing, eliminating cross contamination/raw foods, wearing hair ties, face masks and gloves, etc
Thank you in advance for all your work. The residents are very appreciative.
|| St. Peter's Episcopal Church