Ronald McDonald House dinners are prepared for 40 people who are residents. The meal must be ready to serve by 6 PM on the day. The menu is of our choice but there are a few things we must follow:
- The meal must be prepared entirely onsite. To obey the health laws we must not prepare things in advance and then bring it in.
- The meal must be one that can be warmed up as some of the residents are staying with their children until late and will still want to warm dinner up when they get there.
- Dishes used in preparing the dinner need to be rinsed then put into one of the dishwashers. It will be run later.
Menu choices we have used before include:
- Soup (both from Publics and Taco soup)
- Lasagna (Both Italian and Mexican)
- Breakfast for supper
- Chilli Dogs
- Hamburgers (on the grill they have)
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
The one thing the say they get too much of is Spaghetti so we avoid that choice. they also have a Cookie ministry so dessert is not needed. St. Peters will use the gift card provided for $100 to purchase the groceries a few days ahead of the date. I will send out an email to the group signed up each month. This will include names, email addresses and phone numbers for this group. The group will then decide what the menu is. The group will gather on that date between 4 and 5 PM to prepare the meal.
Thank you in advance for all your work. The residents are very appreciative.
|| St. Peter's Episcopal Church