Habitat For Humanity
OUR BUILD DAY HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD.
Our activities will be dictated by HFHGC protocols put in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We will be building a new home for the Diaz family, who are replacing the Crawfords for the new Piedmont home. Carlos and Elizabeth have two daughters (ages 4 and 6), a 2-year old son, and a new baby due Feb. 5th!
- DATE: Saturday, TBD 2021
- The Habitat house is at 313 Pine Drive in Piedmont.
- There will be two crews, one morning crew working from 8:00-11:30 AM and one afternoon crew working from 12:30-2:30 PM.
- We are expected to have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 15 per crew. We will need a few volunteers with experience building a deck.
- One person can sign up for both a morning and an afternoon shift.
- All workers must be at least 14-years old. A parent or guardian must sign waivers for all individuals under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 is to use power tools of any kind.
- Crews are to complete a punch list of tasks that include finishing painting interior rooms and interior/exterior doors, completing the outdoor deck, as well as other tasks that may be assigned by the contractor.
- Proper footwear and sunscreen will be recommended. Workers will also be encouraged to dress for the weather.
- Safety glasses, work gloves and all tools will be provided.
- Drinks will be available through the workday.
- Lunch will be provided between 11:30 and 12:30 (please see COVID-19 rules below)
- There are five spots for the lunch crew.
COVID-19 RULES (the following is subject to change)
- FACE MASKS ARE MANDATORY!
- Volunteers will be encouraged to bring their own lunches.
- When lunch is provided by Habitat or a Partner Organization, it must be “grab-and-go” individually packaged.
- When taking breaks, maintain social distancing protocols. When away from others on breaks, masks and other PPE may be removed.
- Volunteers will be encouraged to bring their own personal water bottles. Habitat will provide disposable water bottles only. There will be no central water cooler available.
- Maintain a minimum of 6’ distance between yourself and other individuals, limiting movement around the site unless necessary.
- Volunteers will be provided PPE: gloves, masks, hard hat, and eye protection when applicable. Items that are reusable will be cleaned at the end of the shift.
- Volunteers will be asked to bring their own tools when possible, with the exception of power tools (a complete list of construction hand tool will be posted on our website). This measure is in place to help reduce the spread of germs. Tools provided by Habitat will be cleaned at the end of the shift.
- Masks will be worn when it is safe to do so. When the heat index is 97 degrees or higher, or while working on the roof, masks will not be required but social distancing will be extended to more than 6’.
- Cleaning protocols will be posted and followed. Habitat staff members will ensure common areas are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Refrain from sharing hand and power tools with other volunteers. Tasks will be designated as a part of orientation.
- Interior crews should work with windows and doors open when safe and practical to do so to promote ventilation and reduce the need to touch doors.
- Use disinfectant spray or wipes on surfaces of the restrooms after use.
- COVID-19 Protocols and General Health Guidelines will be posted at each location.
- Any individual on site reporting or exhibiting symptoms should immediately stop work, inform Volunteer Services and the Site Supervisor, sanitize their area, and leave site.
- Prior to the daily shift orientation, volunteers will be asked to leave if they are not feeling well or displaying any of the following symptoms; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Designated Habitat staff members that include Site Supervisors, Safety Committee Members, and Volunteer Services have the right to ask a volunteer to leave should they suspect the volunteer is sick.
8:00am - 3:30pm EDT
313 Pine Drive, Piedmont
|| St. Peter's Episcopal Church