Neighborhood Grocery Bag Collection
Thank you for participating in this non-perishable food drive for our community members. Please indicate on the sign-up below if and how many bags you would like to donate. Unless otherwise notified, please bag the items listed and leave in the plastic bin inside my fence at 5123 Allan Terrace (across from Westbrook ES at the corner of Allan Terrace and Glen Cove Parkway). I may email you and ask you to drop off your groceries at a neighborhood volunteer delivery person's house, especially if I run out of storage space. When you have dropped off your bag, please email me at: [email protected] so that I can come retreive it after you have left. Please drop off the bags when you can. We are going to try a "rolling" drop-off period for now to see how that works so feel free to drop off when convenient for you. Thank you so much!
The list of items we suggest for each bag:
- 2 packages of grains such as rice or pasta
- 2 canned vegetables
- 2 proteins such as tuna, beans (canned or dried)
- Peanut butter/nut butters and jelly
- 1 canned fruit such as applesauce or small shelf-stable packages of fruit in syrup.
- 1 box breakfast cereal or oatmeal
- 1 other family-friendly kitchen staple such as soup or pasta sauce
- 1 boxed milk
- 1-2 child-friendly snacks
- If you have it to donate: a roll of toilet paper
We are especially in need of sanitary napkins and other types of toiletries have also been requested so we will keep an ongoing inventory of those if you have unused, unopened items you would like to throw in an extra bag.
|| Cathy Stocker