Dear Sardis Presbyterian Friends,
In an effort to be a more Welcoming Church, we would like to add "Parking Lot Greeters" to serve prior to our 9:00 and 11:00 services.
“Parking lot greeters are essential. They form the first impression for guests. Their role may simply be to wave and smile. If necessary, they can provide directions to guest parking. They can offer assistance in inclement weather. They can hold car doors open for young parents unloading their kids. They can simply answer questions. You see, your church is missing a prime opportunity to make a great first impression without parking lot greeters" Thom Rainer, Becoming a Welcoming Church.
If you would like to be a Parking Lot Greeter or a Greeter outside one of the doors to the church, please sign up for a date below.
1. Put on "Visitor? Ask Me" badge or magnetic Greeter Name plate, which can be found in the Narthex entrance alcove.
2. Go to your assigned location at the designated time with a SMILE on your face.
3. Welcome visitors and members. Ask welcoming questions such as, "How long have you been attending Sardis?" vs "Are you a member?"
4. Be prepared to answer questions and direct/assist visitors to worship services, nursery, sunday school classrooms, coffee in The Gathering Place etc. Familiarize yourself with Sunday School classes. From more information on classes and fellowship activities, check out the kiosk in The Gathering Place.
5. You will receive a Reminder e-mail on the Thursday before your assigned date.
6. If you are having trouble signing up, email me and I can assist.
7. If you are unable to make your assigned time, please find a substitute and/or request a switch in Sign Up Genius.
THANK YOU for being a part of our WELCOME MINISTRY!
Liz Alba ([email protected])