Loudoun Homeless Services Center Mailing list
Loudoun Emergency Homeless Shelter-Bagged Lunch Delivery
The Loudoun Emergency Homeless Shelter (LEHS) provides services for adults and children in dire need. Many generous groups have committed to providing 15 bagged lunches; St John the Apostle Church's day is Wednesday. NOTE: COVID-19 update: LEHS Thanks you for this much needed assistance. Continue safe food and hygeine practices as always. Thank you! LEHS is flexible on delivery time.
- Lunches will need to be dropped at the shelter on Wednesdays between 8am and 10am
- Call if alternative delivery time is needed: 703-771-5429. Plan ahead if snow or holiday falls on Tuesday or Wednesday
- 15 lunches each time. Please have a healthy sandwich, some snacks or a treat, and a non-perishable fruit or veggie cup, plus a drink (bottled water is welcome!)
- NO Condiments, lettuce or tomatoes in order to prevent soggy sandwiches, and enable sandwiches to be frozen if needed. The shelter has some condiment packets they will provide.
- Write the type of sandwich and DATE on outside of each lunch sack
- Any kind of meat and cheese is welcomed
- Peanut Butter and Jelly is fine if you choose to do that, but I understand they have that and bologna frequently
- Buying bulk snacks and re-packing into individual portions in ziplock baggies is fine.
- You may write a note of prayers or encouragement if you wish, ex. print something from online;
- Fruit or Vegetables are welcome if there is a non-perishable option; can be provided in bulk, separately from the bagged lunches.
- The attendant on duty can provide a receipt that students can use to verify service hours.
- This job takes approximately one hour to make and deliver lunches.
- Delivery Location: Loudoun Homeless Services Center 19520 Meadowview Ct. Leesburg VA 20175
- Note: this is off of Sycolin Road, across from the Leesburg Municipal Airport. Turn at the Armory, and make a left onto Meadowview Court. It's the first building on your right. before you reach the Adult Day Center.
Thank you and God Bless You!