Arts For All
Readers Theatre is a style of theatre in which the actors present readings of a script without costumes, props, sets or special lighting. It is a strategy that combines reading, practice and performing. The goal is to enhance actors articulation, performance and confidence by having them practice reading with a purpose.
Because of CDC and State of Virginia COVID guidelines, there are changes made for the safety of our actors, volunteers and director. Franklin Park Arts Center has effectively implemented these changes with current shows and is confident that Arts or All Loudoun can be successful as well.
- Actors should be able to read and/ or memorize several lines to be executed at the correct time of the play with little to no prompting.
- Actors should be able to sit in a chair, on stage for rehearsals and the shows (which will last 30- 45 minutes in length) There can be a maximum of 8 actors, to be equally spaced, safely, 10 feet apart on stage. Actors may or may not be wearing masks on stage, and they may be mic'd.
- The shows will be original works of Alice Power, Arts For All's (VSA's) first artistic director. Because these are originals plays, , they may be live streamed from Franklin Park Arts Center to a You Tube link, where some family and friends can watch from the comfort of their own homes. Live audiences will be limited to 50.
- There will be no participation fee to be in a Readers Theatre, but there will be a short audition before each show goes into rehearsals. Not every actor will be cast, as there is a limit of 8.
- February - Audition: Feb 4, Virtual rehearsals: Feb 9, 16. In-person rehearsals: Feb 11, 18. Show: Feb 19, evening.
- March - Audition: Mar 4, virtual rehearsals: Mar 9, 16. In-person rehearsals: Mar 11,18. Show: Mar 19, evening.
- **To make this experience as accessible to each actor as possible, the Arts For All Board, along with the Arts for All Programming Specialist and the Adaptive Recreation Specialist, will work with and support the parents and actors who may need accommodations.**
- RESERVE YOUR SPACE FOR AUDITIONS BELOW.
6:30pm - 8:00pm EST
|| Kellie Goossens