Mass for the 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, October 4, will be held inside the Church. The Bishop has lifted the Sunday Obligation, so you do not need to attend Mass. We ask that those who are in the risk group, are feeling ill, are immunocompromised, or caring for someone who is, to refrain from attending Mass and join us for the 9:30 a.m. livestream from home.
At St. Thomas Aquinas parish, we celebrate Mass in both the Ordinary Form (English), and the Extraordinary Form (Latin). The 5:30 p.m. Vigil, and the 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 5:00 p.m. Mass are in English. The 11:30 a.m. Mass is offered as a Latin Mass.
This is the final week for sign ups at Mass.
Please observe the following items below in the coming weeks:
- Observe proper distancing between different families
- Stay home if anyone in your family is sick, even with a cold
- Utilize the full length of the pew instead of the ends. Ushers may ask you to slide toward the middle to accommodate more of your fellow parishioners. Avoid climbing or passing by others
- Show patience and charity to others around you.
- Wipe down the pew when you leave the church.
- All of the protocols we established these past few months are still in place regarding offertory and Holy Communion, so observe the ushers.
- You may still use the Courtyard to attend Mass. The 5:30 P.M. Vigil and the 5:00 P.M. Masses have been the least attended.
- Outdoor seating: Speakers are set up outside to broadcast Mass for attendees who do not feel safe to worship inside the church, and for those who do not sign up. Bring chairs, umbrellas, water, hats/sunscreens, etc. You can also bring your own pop up tent for shade. You will have the ability to receive Communion outside the main doors of the Church. If you show up to Mass without signing up first, or are late for whatever reason, we ask that you please check with the ushers. If there is enough space , we welcome you to sit inside. Please note that outdoor seating is not for those who simply like sitting outside for Mass. Mass is properly, and ideally celebrated inside the Church. Please sign up and sit inside if you do feel safe doing so, and only use the courtyard seating if you do not feel safe, or there is no room inside.
- For Communion, ushers will guide each individual family as to when to get up to receive, and the rail will be sanitized after each family has received. Please follow the directions of the ushers.
- Offertory Baskets will not be passed around. Please drop off your envelope in the baskets that are stationed by the exits and in the narthex. If you cannot find the basket, please ask an usher.
- Restrooms need to be used at home before you come -- Bathrooms are for emergency use only. Children may feel antsy (and bored) being back at Mass, but please do not have them use the restroom as a means of distraction.
- The Cry Room is available to comfort a distraught child. We ask that you do not use this room as a place to attend Mass because of the close proximity of individuals and the limited circulation of air inside. While the Narthex is also accessible to comfort your child, we encourage you to go outside in the courtyard for a brief period before returning to the church. We will be broadcasting Mass from speakers so you can still hear what is going on.
- Sanitizing Wipes: If you have saniziting wipes, please bring them along with you and wipe down any surfaces that may have been touched by your family. You can do this at the conclusion of Mass before you leave.