Mass for the Feast of Pentecost will be held inside the Church. The bishop has lifted the Sunday Obligation, so you do not need to attend Mass. We ask that those who are in the risk group, are feeling ill, are immunocompromised, or caring for someone who is, to refrain from attending Mass and join us for the 9:30 a.m. livestream from home.
We have the pews marked accordingly (every-other row) to observe the proper space between families. Each angled section of a pew will allow one family to sit together. Pews are taped off to separate the sections and to give a clear idea as to how families can choose the pew they sit in. Please arrive at church at least 10 minutes before Mass begins.
This layout allows for 50 households to attend each Mass. When you sign up, please enter the quantity as '1' so that you take one slot for one family. In the "My Comment" box, write the number of people who will be attending as part of your family household.
Please watch this short video before signing up and read all of the instructions below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O__9Lyg1LuU&feature=youtu.be
Some new protocols will be in place as we worship inside:
- We are utilizing most of the entrances available in the church besides the main entrances. You can find them in the corners of the church by the Cry Room and the Columbarium. You are welcome to use these to enter the church. We ask that if you use the side doors to choose a pew on that side of the church so that foot traffic is kept at a minimum. The ushers will be helping to space people out as they enter and exit the church.
- The seating arrangement allows for proper distancing between families. If you are on the edge of the pew, please try giving enough space for those who pass by in the aisle during communion.
- Pews are marked with blue tape to illustrate where it divides for a new family. It follows the natural curvature of the design. Some pews are shorter; some are longer. If you are a part of a smaller family, try to find a smaller section so that we may utilize the longer pews for larger families.
- Please bring a mobile device to download a copy of the worship aid if you wish to follow along with the readings and the music, or download and print at home, and bring with you. Please be sure to take this with you when you leave.
- Ushers will guide each individual family for Communion, and the rail will be sanitized after each family has received
- When leaving the church at the end of Mass, please utilize all of the exits inside so that there is no crowded bottleneck in the Narthex. Follow the guidelines and directions of the ushers please.
- Offertory baskets will not be passed around. We ask that you drop off your envelope in the marked baskets that are stationary around the church.
- We ask that you use the restroom at home -- Bathrooms are for emergency use only. Children may feel antsy (and bored) being back at Mass, but please do not have them use the restroom as a means of distraction. It's important that we minimize the spread and transfer of any germs at this time. The water fountain has also been disabled.
- The Cry Room is available to comfort a distraught child. We ask that you do not use this room as a place to attend Mass because of the close proximity of individuals and the limited circulation of air inside. While the Narthex is also accessible to comfort your child, we encourage you to go outside in the courtyard for a brief period before returning to the church. We will be broadcasting Mass from speakers so you can still hear what is going on.
- Speaking of children, please be sure they don't pull the tape that has the pews marked. Thank you. ;)
- If you have saniziting wipes, please bring them along with you and wipe down any surfaces that may have been touched by your family. You can do this at the conclusion of Mass before you leave.
- You can stay after Mass for private prayer. We've been separated for a long time, so if you wish to catch up with friends, please do it outside in the courtyard after Mass.
- We recorded a short video for you to visually see how we have the church set up for this weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O__9Lyg1LuU&feature=youtu.be Please watch it and get yourself familar with the process.
We will have speakers outside broadcasting Mass, so if you feel safer in the Courtyard, bring chairs, umbrellas, water, hats/sunscreens, etc. You can also bring your own pop up tent for shade if you wish. You will have the ability to receive Communion in the Parish Center.
|| St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church