/ Web Application Developer
Web Application Developer
We’re a large B2C and B2B SaaS company – and by large, we mean over 100 million unique visitors per year. Providing online sign ups for groups to get organized and do powerful things in their businesses, schools, and nonprofits get us passionately motivated every day. We're also part of a growing platform of SaaS tools that align under the category of Group Management and have an exciting expansion path ahead.
When you work for us, you're signing up to build and ship with an agile team of people who like to get things done, simply and at a huge scale. You'll also be part of a company that is a perennial winner of the Best Places to Work Award due to a creative, fun, and caring culture.
Are you well versed in software design patterns and architecture? Do you have experience in planning and delivering high-value web applications? We are looking for a full-stack code ninja and a self-starter that’s highly motivated to join our team. You’ll work on interesting projects with an agile team that likes working together.
- Planning/architecting new development projects.
- Implementing and coding new functionality.
- Refactoring existing application features for improved performance and/or scalability.
- Writing/optimizing SQL queries for improved database performance.
- Contribute to the ongoing technical growth and discussions of the development team.
- Occasional presentations on technology-related topics, leading discussions team discussions.
- Interfacing with third-party partners by building solutions (i.e., APIs).
- Interacting with and supporting our users with complex problems experienced on the site.
Terms of Employment
- Familiar with each step of a software development cycle.
- Excellent experience with web application design patterns and solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of these server-side programming languages: Node, Java, PHP, Python, .NET, Ruby, etc.
- Working knowledge with server-side programming frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Redis, Coucebase, MongoDB, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in building REST APIs and software integrations.
- Knowledge of one or more of these styling frameworks: SASS, SCSS, LESS, CSS, Bootstrap, XML, AJAX, CSS, Bulma, Tailwind.
- Experience with cloud server architecture from Amazon AWS or equivalent service.
- Experience or familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing high availability web applications for a medium to large audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and processes in simple terms.
- Outstanding task and time management skills.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- A positive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- Full time
- Work location: Charlotte, NC
- Salary: DOE
- Benefits: health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, life insurance, disability, 8 holidays, unlimited PTO, employee-centric giving program, end-of-year bonus, ongoing professional development, and more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to: [email protected]