/ Web Application Developer (SignUpGenius)
Web Application Developer (SignUpGenius)
Lumaverse Technologies helps nonprofits and schools build active communities—our solutions make it easier for members, volunteers, donors, event attendees, and parents to get involved and stay informed. Anchored by SignUpGenius, America’s #1 sign up app, Lumaverse touched over 146M customers in 2020 in our mission to build group technology solutions that light the way to increased engagement, data-driven insights, and streamlined group management.
When you work with Lumaverse, you're signing up to build and ship with an agile team of people who like to get things done, simply and at a huge scale. You'll also be part of a company that is a perennial winner of the Best Places to Work Award due to a creative, fun and caring culture.
Are you well versed in software design patterns and architecture? Do you have experience in planning and delivering high value web applications? We are looking for a full-stack coding genius and a self-starter that’s highly motivated and excited to join our amazing team of developers. You’ll work on engaging projects with an agile team who enjoys working together. If this sounds like your kind of role, we’d like to hear from you!
- You'll be helping plan, estimate, and execute new development projects.
- You'll be refactoring existing code and various parts of the application to improve performance, scalability, and/or to fix bugs.
- You'll also be writing/optimizing SQL queries to improve database performance.
- You'll need to contribute to the ongoing technical growth and discussions of the development team by occasionally presenting technology-related topics and/or lead team discussions.
- You'll be Interfacing with third-party partners using API solutions and services we either have built or will be building.
- You'll occasionally interact with various departments as well as our members in regard to complex problems experienced on the site or ongoing projects.
- You must be familiar with each step of a software development cycle.
- You must have excellent experience with web application design patterns and solutions.
- You must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in developing high-availability web applications for a medium to large audience.
- You must have at least 3 years of actively developing web applications using Node.js using Nest.js as a framework or some other NodeJS frameworks.
- You must be proficient in one or more of these styling frameworks: SASS, SCSS, LESS, CSS, Bootstrap, XML, AJAX, CSS, Bulma, Tailwind.
- You have some experience with one or more of these server-side programming languages: Java, Python, .NET, Go, Ruby, etc.
- You must also have working and current experience in one or more of the following databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB, etc.
- You should understand and have at least 2 years of experience in building REST APIs and software integrations.
- You should have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team.
- If you know or are familiar with domain-driven design patterns, that's a plus!
- If you have experience with cloud server architecture from Amazon AWS or equivalent service, that's also a plus!
- You must have the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and processes in simple terms.
- You must be skilled with your task and time management.
- Lastly, you must have a positive, flexible, can-do attitude.
What You'll Get to Enjoy:
- You'll appreciate and enjoy our culture.
- You'll get to work with a group of a fun, easy-going, passionate group.
- You'll get to make a difference in people's lives... by the millions!
- You can also work remotely.
- We offer a competitive employment package (see Terms of Employment below)
Terms of Employment:
- Full time
- Work location: Charlotte, NC
- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediately
- Benefits: group health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, life insurance, disability, 8 holidays, unlimited PTO, employee-centric giving program, end-of-year bonus, professional development, and more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format
to [email protected]