/ Web Application Developer
Web Application Developer
SignUpGenius helps nonprofits and schools build active communities—our solutions make it easier for members, volunteers, donors, event attendees, and parents to get involved and stay informed. SignUpGenius, America’s #1 sign up app, touched over 130M customers in 2019 in our mission to build group technology solutions that light the way to increased engagement, data-driven insights, and streamlined group management.
When you work with SignUpGenius, you're signing up to build and ship with an agile team of people who like to get things done, simply and at a huge scale. You'll also be part of a company that is a perennial winner of the Best Places to Work Award due to a creative, fun and caring culture.
Are you well versed in software design patterns and architecture? Do you have experience in planning and delivering high value web applications? We are looking for a full stack coding genius and a self starter that’s highly motivated and excited to join our amazing team of developers. You’ll work on engaging projects with an agile team who enjoys working together. If this sounds like your kind of role, we’d like to hear from you!
- Planning and estimating new development projects.
- Implementing and coding new functionality.
- Refactoring existing application features for improved performance and/or scalability.
- Writing/optimizing SQL queries for improved database performance.
- Contribute to the ongoing technical growth and discussions of the development team.
- Occasional presentations on technology-related topics, leading discussions team discussions.
- Interfacing with third-party partners by building solutions (i.e., APIs).
- Interacting with and supporting our users with complex problems experienced on the site.
- Familiar with each step of a software development cycle.
- Excellent experience with web application design patterns and solutions.
- Strong experience developing web applications using Node.js with Nest.js framework or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of these server-side programming languages: Java, Python, .NET, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in one or more of these frameworks: Nest, Express, Meteor, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Redis, Coucebase, MongoDB, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in building REST APIs and software integrations.
- Knowledge in domain-driven design patterns.
- Knowledge of one or more of these styling frameworks: SASS, SCSS, LESS, CSS, Bootstrap, XML, AJAX, CSS, Bulma, Tailwind.
- Experience with cloud server architecture from Amazon AWS or equivalent service.
- Experience or familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing high availability web applications for a medium to large audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and processes in simple terms.
- Outstanding task and time management skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- A positive, flexible, can-do attitude.
Terms of Employment:
- Full time
- Work location: Charlotte, NC
- Salary: DOE
- Start Date: Immediately
- Benefits: group health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, life insurance, disability, 8 holidays, unlimited PTO, employee-centric giving program, end-of-year bonus, professional development, and more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format
to [email protected]