/ Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
We’re a large B2C and B2B SaaS company – and by large, we mean over 100 million unique visitors per year. Providing online sign ups for groups to get organized and do powerful things in their communities gets us passionately motivated every day. We're also part of a growing platform of SaaS tools that align under the category of Group Management and have an exciting expansion path ahead.
When you work for us, you're signing up to build and ship with an agile team of people who like to get things done, simply and at a huge scale. You'll also be part of a company that is a perennial winner of the Best Places to Work Award due to a creative, fun and caring culture.
SignUpGenius is seeking a seasoned, meticulous and driven Senior DevOps Engineer to manage our AWS infrastructure, code releases, application security and corporate IT. This individual will also focus on database performance monitoring, tuning and overall health of our core business applications. As our platform adds additional SaaS tools, this person has the exciting potential to oversee the technology infrastructure for a variety of applications. The ideal candidate is a self-disciplined learner that is eager to own and tackle scaling challenges.
- Monitor, optimize, maintain and expand server infrastructure in order to provide fast and uninterrupted delivery of the applications
- Establish, document and execute periodic security audits and penetration tests
- Establish, document, execute and train others on backup and restore procedures
- Establish the budget for IT and hosting and then track expenses and provide reporting to CFO
- Maintain email infrastructure for the company and train/assist employees with email issues
- Perform load testing of new application features and provided developers with recommendations for performance and security improvements
- Review application SQL and optimize queries and indexing for performance and scale
- Administer the code repository and control permissions for all team members
- Analyze, design, and implement automation processes for continuous deployments
- Provide release management, overseeing the flow of code from development to deployment
- Establish and maintain a standardized development environment for the development team
- Manage IT staff on technology operation items including office network, employee laptops, company software and office media/electronics
- Establish general security and data privacy policies for the company and provide training to employees
- As the team expands, interview, train, review and ensure opportunities for growth for all DevOps and IT team members
Terms of Employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer, DBA or equivalent software-engineering roll for a large-scale application
- Deep knowledge of AWS architectures including security groups, load balancing, autoscaling, snapshots, point-in-time recovery, high IOPS drives, etc.
- Strong database skills with an understanding of SQL Server 2017/2019, indexing, statistics, maintenance tasks and troubleshooting.
- Strong command of Windows IIS web server use at scale as well as NginX
- Detailed knowledge tools used in continuous integration like Jenkins, TeamCity, Deploy HQ, etc.
- Working knowledge of application system monitoring tools like Cloudwatch, FusionReactor, Pingdom, New Relic, etc.
- Strong knowledge of other web-related technologies including CDNs, DNS, Version Control and VMware
- Experience with computer networking, Macintosh hardware/software and office IT technology
- A self-disciplined worker with an obsessive attention to detail
- An ownership mindset with a problem-solving attitude
- Full time (consistent 45 hours per week)
- In office preferred (Ballantyne Corporate Park, Charlotte, NC) but will consider nearby areas or remote position with periodic travel
- No relocation assistance
- Salary: DOE
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) matching, 8 holidays, PTO, matched giving program, end-of-year bonus, plus much more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to: [email protected]