Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts
Volunteers are needed to manually count bicyclists and pedestrians at several locations across Lawrence, Eudora, and Baldwin City in September. The Lawrence-Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Organization, with the help of volunteers, will be conducting bicycle and pedestrian counts on:
- Wednesday, September 6th - 10am - 12pm and 5pm - 7pm
- Thursday, September 7th - 10am - 12pm and 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday, September 9th - 12pm - 2pm
- Wednesday, September 20th - 10 am - Noon and 5pm - 7pm - We need 1 more person either on Wed or Thurs in the morning and evening
- Thursday, September 21st - 10 am - Noon and 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday, September 16th - 12pm - 2pm - We need 2 more people
Volunteers will be taught the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project method created by Alta Planning and Design and the Institute of Transportation Engineers by watching a 4 minute training video. Please access the training video here.
Please indicate in your comments if you have a quadrant preference. We will attempt to accommodate your preference. We need multiple people for each quadrant, so please indicate your quadrant preference even if it is already taken - for example we need 6 counters in the NE quadrant for each shift.