Sustainability Move Out 2017
This is a very active position; you will ride with Housing staff from site to site to assist them with transporting futons, carpets, and microwaves. You must be willing to enter trash containers to retrieve donations and recyclables, help organize all donation sites, and be ready to fill in at a specific site if needed. Long pants and closed toe shoes are required for all shifts. Report to Tripp Circle to start your shift, off Babcock Drive near Slichter Hall and Carson’s Market.
- Meet at Tripp Circle, unless otherwise arranged
- Ride along with Housing Staff to check all assigned sites within your chosen 2 hour shift
- Assist volunteers with re-stacking donations or carpet in trucks
- Assist volunteers with loading futons, electronics, or carpet into trucks
- Deliver and unload electronics and futons
- Help clean up sites; move donations or recyclables to the correct locations
- Deconstruct unusable futons
Sign up Instructions:
- Pick a 2 hour shift, staff more than one if you like
- Students: reference your professor's guidelines to ensure you are meeting credit requirements
- You have the ability to switch shifts, however, you must do so through SignUp Genius
- Be ready for the weather, we donate and recycle rain or shine!