KofC #10852 - Merged Members
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Due to the weather forecasted for Wednesday (1/17), as well as the electrical and cleaning work taking longer than anticipated, we are canceling all work tomorrow. We will now start work on replacing the ceiling tiles on Thursday, when we will paint the metal grid in the morning starting at 9 am. On Friday we will replace the ceiling tiles, again starting at 9 am.
We are also canceling the test cooking on Saturday. Instead we will move all items back into the kitchen and Knight's closet. We need to wash everything before putting it into the kitchen.
Our Council has approved the renovation of St. Matthew's Parish Center kitchen, to include:
- New equipment – Stove, Griddle, Convection Ovens, Refrigerators & Freezers
- Steam cleaning of the facility
- Electrical upgrades
- Plumbing upgrades, including a grease trap
- Half wall behind stove, griddle and convection ovens
- New ceiling tiles and lights
- New Shelving
While the majority of the work will be done by outside contractors, YOU are needed for a few items:
- Move items in the Knights closet and remaining items (boxes, pots, pans, etc.) in kitchen to the PC Dinning Area;
- Replace ceiling tiles and paint metal grid;
- Assist steam cleaner in moving shelving and tables;
- Assist building a cinder block half-wall behind stove;
- Move items back into Knight's closet and kitchen;
- Celebrate the completion of the project with a test of the equipment, including eating all the "test results"!
So please review the tasks below and sign-up today! We guarantee you'll find it worthwhile - and you get to eat all the food we cook while testing the new equipment!
Thank You and Vivat Jesus!
Tom Larkin - Deputy Grand Knight