KofC #10852 - Donated Goods Volunteers
Mission: To help others that are in need through monthly collections of gently used clothing and household items which are distributed to parishioners and agencies in Charlotte, Union County and western NC.
Description of agencies served: Your donations are distributed to a number of agencies that serve the homeless, the working poor, and families affected by violence and abuse. Through the parish we support parishioners, and local ministries including Catholic Charities, Crisis Assistance and Refugee Ministries. Click here for more information on the Western North Carolina agencies we serve.
- Pick-up Teams: Pick-up items from area homes. Need at least two people (usually men) per truck
- Packing Teams: Accept dropped off donations. Unload, sort donations, box items for shipment. Donated Goods warehouse is located under the Daily Mass Chapel. Access is from the rear of the church
- Loading Team: Load truck for delivery to western NC
- High School teen volunteers are needed, but must preregister by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are always looking for people with trucks to help us!
- Items accepted: gently-used clothing, furniture, working appliances, household items and moving boxes. Not accepted are mattresses and box springs, armoires, pianos, large TVs and drop-sided baby cribs.
Time commitment of volunteers: Generally, four hours, second Saturday of each month. Volunteers also help with sorting and packing on Monday mornings after the 9 am Mass.
To volunteer or ask a question, contact Ann and Randy Mazur