Welcome to LEAD Library Volunteer sign up:
As a Lead Library Volunteer we are excited for you to get more involved in the library experience for the children and continue to help in the library duties to support Mrs. Clinton.
By committing to these half-trimester opportunities, you are signing up for the following:
- Weekly presence in your child’s library time.
- Reading appropriate books to the children that match their grade level.
- Engaging the children with questions, fun voices, and relevant topic choices.
- Helping children find “good fit” books for their reading level.
- Tidying up the library after your class is finished.
- Finding substitutes lead volunteers if you are unable to attend.
- Helping the children show respect for the parent volunteers, Mrs. Clinton and the library environment.
As a Lead Library Volunteer, we are encouraging you to take it upon yourself to provide new and engaging experiences for the kids throughout your time there. Here are some fun suggestions to consider:
- Ask the teacher/room parent what is happening in the classroom and choose books that relate back to the classroom.
- Bring your favorites from home.
- Tie into holiday/seasonal themes.
- Read a non-fiction book. Try a joke book, a short biography!
- Visit Pinterest for fun ideas how to tie-in literacy related activities during library time.
The trimester splits are as follows:
Trimester 1 First Half 9/11 to 10/13.
Trimester 1 Second Half 10/16 to 11/17
Trimester 2 First Half 11/27 to 1/12/18
Trimester 2 Second Half 1/15 to 3/2
Trimester 3 First Half 3/5 to 4/20
Trimester 3 Second Half 4/23 to 5/25
**Due to school calendar, some session may have more/less days in the library due to class day/time in the library.
**YOU MUST DOCUMENT EACH DATE OF YOUR SIGNUP AS THE SYSTEM WILL ONLY CAPTURE THE FIRST DATE OF YOUR SESSION. REMINDERS WILL NOT BE SENT EACH WEEK, SO PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN WEEKLY DATES**
Thank you and please reach out with any questions, comments or concerns,
Elizabeth Jensen- email@example.com
Jenny Garvin- firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Clinton - email@example.com