Mona's Munchies is recruiting volunteer bakers to bake cookies for patients and families being served by Hospice of Acadiana. We provide 12 dozen cookies or 144 cookies for Hospice each week.
How to volunteer:
1. Pick a Sunday that works with your schedule. Sign up!
2. Bake two dozen cookies.
3. Deliver to Fawn on Sunday afternoon between 4:00-5:00pm.
4. Optional: Call a friend or family member to sign up for a shift on the same day. Spend time together baking delicious treats!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I package the cookies? Please bring cookies in one container (preferably eco- friendly). :) Once all cookies have been delivered Fawn packages the 24 individual bags for the families.
2. How do the families receive their bag of cookies? Fawn makes her delivery to Hospice every Monday morning at 8 am. Each Hospice nurse picks up their daily supplies for their patients along with a little bag of cookies and delivers the bags throughout the day.
3. How will I remember that I signed up two months from now??!?! Don't worry; Sign Up Genius sends you a reminder email 2 days before your shift.
4. What if I can't deliver on Sunday from 4-5? Please contact Fawn at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling or texting 337-277-4768. Arrangements can definitely be made so that you can still participate.
5. Do the cookies have to be made from scratch? Nope! All cookies should be home baked but don't necessarily have to be made from scratch. Feel free to try something new though! :)
6. I live far away or can't bake but want to participate! Contact Fawn to find out about financial contributions you can make to provide more homemade cookies.
About Mona's Munchies
This organization was founded in honor of Mona Viator who, at the age of 50, passed away under the compassionate care of Hospice of Acadiana. Mona was constantly doing for others. The hope is that this program embodies her generous spirit and that it encourages family and friends to spend meaningful time together while providing small comforts to patients and families going through a very difficult journey.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support.
Fawn V. Hernandez,
Daughter of Mona Viator
1015 Saint Patrick St, Lafayette, La 70506
|| Fawn Hernandez