Deck the Halls Deliciously!
How to Host a Fantastic Christmas Cookie Exchange
The holiday season is all about spending time with friends, family and loved ones. A snazzy cookie exchange is a terrific way to kick off your seasonal festivities and a delicious way to turn a memory making get-together into a beloved holiday tradition.
A cookie exchange party is a clever way to encourage the spirit of giving, plenty of warm wishes and lots of fun throughout the day. With just a little planning, and very little effort, it can be a secret strategy for getting ahead on your holiday baking and ending up with a Santa-sized platter of fantastic cookies in all sorts of tempting varieties.
- Since December is a busy month for almost everyone, try to send out invitations to your guests at least a month before the date of your cookie exchange. For best results, aim for 8-12 confirmed guests. Ask your guests to RSVP as soon as possible, and to let you know what type of cookie they will be bringing. This way you can avoid the dreaded cookie duplication and make sure that their choice fits the exchange. Once everyone is signed up, let everyone know who is coming, how many people will be there, and how many cookies they will need to bring. Typically you should ask each guest to bring either a dozen or half dozen cookies for each guest, plus a dozen to nibble on at the party.
- If you want, you can request that everyone only makes holiday cookies or expand your collection to include other goodies such as home made candy, chocolate covered pretzels, or other festive sweets. Whether you are a host or a guest, you should always try to bake a show-stopping holiday treat. Choose a delectable cookie that is sweet, tasty & pretty. Make yours an impressive melt-in-your mouth treasure that everyone else wants to bring home.
- As you linger over the plates piled high with irresistible magic bars, gingerbread men and frosted Christmas trees, plan to tell stories. It could be a story about the cookie's origin, where the recipe comes from, or just a holiday baking memory. Sometimes it’s as much fun trading stories as trading cookies.
- Your friends may have family recipes they wish to share. Once the tasting ends, the recipe swapping always begins. Be sure to request that each guest bring along copies of their recipe, and put them right on the table next to their cookies. As an added treat, you may even want to assemble a booklet of recipes for everyone to take home with them.
- If you are inspired by visions of powdered sugar, Velvety chocolate & billowy meringue dancing in your head, know that with a bit of careful planning and a few hours spent baking and decorating, you can plan a fun and festive get-together with friends, while swapping cheerful holiday wishes, treats and memories. Bon appetite!
Whether You're Hosting a Cookie Exchange Party or a Holiday Open House, Let SignUpGenius Help You Plan a Party like a Pro and “Wow” the Crowd.
Cookie exchanges are perfect for everyone and eagerly anticipated by all. With the right tools you can organize a terrific party in just a wink of an eye. SignUpGenius is the stress-free way to plan the perfect holiday celebration!
SignUpGenius allows you to build a free online signup sheet that includes your friends, family, neighbors, children’s classmates, church members, or community groups. You can minimize the time pressure without those paper signups or numerous emails. With SignUpGenius, all of your party planning is done quickly and easily and in one place.
Choose a festive holiday theme for your party invites and let SignUpGenius send out your personalized invitations on-line. Conveniently, your guests can sign up and respond to your invitation 24/7.
View Sample Sign Ups:
SignUpGenius manages your RSVP’s, allowing everyone to see the confirmed guest list and what kind of cookies they will be bringing. You’ll save time without the time consuming back and forth phone calls or emails. Since you will ask each guest to bring either a dozen or half dozen cookies for each attendee, plus a dozen for the party, our Online signups remove the worries about duplicating cookies and let’s your guests know exactly how many cookies to bring.
As an added time saver, SignUpGenius will also automatically send out reminders of your party up to one week before. The greatest aspect of your holiday party is to relax and have fun. Let SignUpGenius help you plan a stress free party and allow you to focus on the festivities and the merriment of the season.
Happy Holidays! Get Your Cookie Exchange Started!
Posted by Helena LaGarde
There are currently no comments for this page.
Post Your Comment
NOTE: You do not need an account to post. For the ability to delete, create an account.
Recent Home & Family Articles
Plan the Perfect Picnic
A Summer BlockBuster
Pack up those delicious sandwiches, side salads, drinks, and desserts and head outdoors for a refreshing summer meal.
Host a Kid Friendly 4th of July Picnic
Plan a cool summertime block party and invite your neighbors to drop in for the fun!
There's nothing better than a summer day filled with family activities and an all-star party table for the ultimate 4th of July celebration!