75 Get to Know You Questions for Clubs and Groups
Involvement in a club or group offers a perfect chance to invest in new friendships. We have loads of questions that your group members of all ages — from elementary school clubs to adult service groups — can use to get to know each other.
For Elementary Students
For a fun activity that will facilitate “get to know you” questions, grab a beach ball and gather students in a circle. Have each student answer one of the following questions when the ball is tossed to them.
Dare to Dream
- If you had magical powers, what would you create?
- If you could be invisible, where would you hide?
- If you could be mayor for a day, what would you change about your city?
- If you could be a superhero, who would you be?
- If you could invite one famous person to your birthday party, who would it be?
Would You Rather?
- Would you rather be super strong or have super speed?
- Would you rather be a tiger or an eagle?
- Would you rather be a famous movie star or the president?
- Would you rather ride in a spaceship or a hot air balloon?
- Would you rather win a million dollars or live forever?
Recruit meeting helpers for your scout troop! SAMPLE
- What is your favorite summer tradition?
- What is your favorite part of the school day?
- What is your favorite road trip snack?
- What is your favorite bedtime book?
- Who is your favorite movie character?
Yucky or Yummy?
- Pineapple pizza — yucky or yummy?
- Asparagus — yucky or yummy?
- Carrots and peanut butter — yucky or yummy?
- Slime from the science lab — yucky or yummy?
- Green jellybeans — yucky or yummy?
- What is one thing about your family — like a certain tradition or meal — that makes it special?
- Where is your favorite spot in your house?
- How often do you visit your grandparents?
- What is your favorite family vacation memory?
- What was your favorite food when you were little?
For Middle and High School Students
Break down awkwardness among tweens and teens by incorporating the following questions with a giant Jenga set. Students answer questions written on the wooden blocks each time they pull one out, all while attempting to keep the tower from falling!
- What do you think is the most important quality of a best friend?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you hang out with your friends?
- How many years have you known your best friend?
- What is one thing you and your closest friends have in common?
- What is one quality you admire in your closest friends?
- Would you rather stay up late or wake up early?
- What is your least favorite chore at home?
- What is your favorite thing to do on Saturdays?
- Do you do usually do your homework as soon as you get home from school or wait until much later?
- What do you think is the hardest part about Mondays?
I Prefer …
- Movies or TV shows?
- Salty or sweet snacks?
- Writing on paper or typing?
- Puppies or babies?
- Cold or hot weather?
Organize school drama club auditions with an online sign up! SAMPLE
- What if you could say one sentence to every person in the world and they would all listen? What would you tell them?
- What if you had the ability to speak every language? What would you do with that skill?
- What if you never had to sleep? What would you do with the time you would normally spend sleeping?
- What if you could go back in time to a specific event? Where/when would you go and what would you do?
- What if electricity had never been invented? How do you think your life would look now?
Cool — or Totally Not?
- Social media — cool or totally not?
- Listening to your parents’ favorite music — cool or totally not?
- Watching Netflix until dawn — cool or totally not?
- Homework during summer vacation — cool or totally not?
- YouTube videos featuring cats — cool or totally not?
Facilitate a fun activity for adults by providing handouts listing a variety of questions and categories in a grid format. Encourage participants to walk around the room asking questions to as many different people as time allows. Offer small prizes for the most questions answered or even the most unusual answer received.
If Only …
- If only you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- If only you had more leisure time, how would you spend it?
- If only you won the lottery, what would be your most expensive purchase?
- If only you were more athletic, what would be your Olympic sport?
- If only you could be a master of any instrument, what would you play?
- What was your very first job?
- What was your most unusual job?
- What is a funny misunderstanding you had with a coworker?
- What was the most rewarding experience of your career?
- If you could change one thing about your past work experience, what would it be?
- What is your dream car?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your dream splurge?
- Where is your dream home?
Coordinate who will host book club with an online sign up! SAMPLE
- How many cups of coffee do you drink per day?
- What time do you wake up on the weekends?
- What is your favorite leisure activity on vacation?
- What or who makes you laugh the most?
- Who in your family do you spend the most time with?
Back in the Day
- If you could live in any other time period, when would it be?
- If you could meet one star of Hollywood’s Golden Age, who would it be?
- If you could meet one musician no longer living, who would it be?
- If you could go to dinner with one deceased world leader, who would it be?
- If you could meet one relative who died before you were born, who would you choose?
From classrooms to conference rooms — and regardless of the age range or size of your group — icebreaker activities can become excellent starting points to foster creative and friendly collaboration and communication.
Laura Jackson is a freelance writer based in Hilton Head, S.C., with her husband and two teenagers.
Posted by Laura Jackson
There are currently no comments for this page.
Post Your Comment
NOTE: You do not need an account to post. For the ability to delete, create an account.
I can't tell you how excited I was when I stumbled upon your site! I serve on the PTO at my sons school which has approximately 300+ staff and part of my responsibility is to coordinate luncheons once a month. Your site will give me the ability to connect with parents on a whole new level and not receive numerous "meatball crock pot dishes". Your name says it all... this is truly genius!!! Thank you soooo much!!
Jessica Score -
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
See what others say
Recent Groups & Clubs Articles