Volunteer Sign Ups
- Carefully check the date and time before you sign up
- Sign up for 3 shifts during the 10 day stay
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your shift.
- All volunteers are strongly advised to journey through the Tabernacle Experience before tending to the Tabernacle.
- Use the 'Sign Up Genius' 'Guest Reservations' button to reserve a time to journey through the Tabernacle Experience
Watch the Volunteer Training Video Click here
The Contribution to the Tabernacle is $6.
The Lampstand/Table of Bread/Altar of Incense is 1 position titled 'The Holy Place Attendant'
'Tabernacle Host' & 'The Audio Retriever' are new positions
The Introductory Booklets are provided by the TXG and remain in our inventory
Our guests are welcome to downloaded the Booklet from our Website for further reference
The TXG currently uses iPod Nanos for The Narrated Journey.
The TXG uses an iPad for receipts at The Marketplace, and 'The Square' for Credit Card Transactions.
Below are descriptions of each Volunteer Positions.
- Courtyard Attendant Duties: Keep the fire burning at The Altar of Burnt Offering and oversee the flow of guests. This position is limited to mature adults. The Courtyard Attendant does not interact with guests or other attendants. (you'll be sitting outside, please provide your own shade)
- Holy Place Attendant: This position is meditative and serene and does not interact with guests or other attendants. This attendant will oversee guests, light incense and maintain the Table of Bread. This position is within the incense filled Tent. Those with allergies may not fare well at this position. (you'll be sitting and standing)
- Welcome Attendant: greets our guests, gets them signed in, receives the contribution, invites guests to read the introductory pamphlet, directs them to the Reading Canopy where they will be invited to begin their narrated journey. (you'll be sitting under a shade canopy)
- Tabernacle Host: Invites our guests to begin their narrated journey in the order they signed in and prepares them with their headsets/earbuds and iPod Nanos. Our guests journey in pairs whenever possible sharing one iPod Nano. (you'll be sitting and standing, shade provided)
- Audio Attendant: This position is critical. The Tabernacle Experience is audio driven. The AA is ultimately responsible for the flow of guests and must remain calm. The TXG uses iPod Nanos, the attendant will be trained. (standing position)
- Audio Retriever: Retrieves audio equipment from guest at the Audio Table, disinfects headsets and invites our guests to visit The Marketplace. (you'll be sitting in the shade)
- Marketplace Attendant: This volunteer should be a good listener, our guests may want to share their experience with you. The TabX uses an iPad for all transactions: cash, checks and credit cards. The M.P.A. will be trained on the iPad. (you'll be sitting and standing under a shade canopy)
|| Becky Herrscher