Allen County SPCA
Have you wondered what it takes to become a volunteer for the Allen County SPCA? Check out our Volunteer Guidelines and if you meet all of them, sign up below to attend our April Orientation!
Guidelines for Volunteers:
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Volunteers must have a valid form of photo ID
- Volunteers aged 16 - 17 must have a parent or guardian sign a volunteer release form. Parents are not required to sit in for the orientation, but are welcome if they prefer.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work with cats and 18 years old to work with dogs.
- Volunteers must commit to at least 6 months of volunteering with the Allen County SPCA.
- Volunteers must be willing to create a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly schedule that fits their and the shelters needs.
- Volunteers must be willing to complete at least 2 hours per month with the Allen County SPCA.
- Volunteers must be able to communicate professionally, as human interaction is a requirement of all volunteer roles.
- Volunteer must read and comprehend detailed policy and protocol information, as well as being able to remember and follow shelter rules.
- Volunteer placements are based on shelters needs, experience and volunteers availability.
- Volunteers can be terminated if they do not abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Allen County SPCA.
Guidelines for Volunteers with Support Staff:
- Please contact the volunteer coordinator at [email protected] OR (260)744-0454 ext. 204 to set up a phone interview. We no longer require clients and staff from social service organizations to attend an orientation
- The volunteer must be accompanied by the support person at all times when volunteering.
- The Support Staff must complete volunteer tasks alongside the volunteer at all times.
Sign up today for our Volunteer Orientation on Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 in meeting room C of the Main Branch of Allen County Public Library in downtown Fort Wayne.
Orientation generally lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes and applications will be filled out during this time.
5:30pm - 6:45pm EDT
900 Library Plaza Meeting Rm. C