Friends of Dutch Neck
Greeting and Ushering Duties at Dutch Neck Presbyterian Church
Scroll down to sign - up: Thank you!
Thank you for agreeing to be an usher/greeter. Making worshipers feel welcome is part of our ministry. As a member of our congregation, your warm and friendly greeting in this role is very important. Please wear a name badge and plan to arrive around 9:00 AM on Sundays or an half hour before worship starts on other days. If you are unable to fulfill the responsibilities on the date assigned, please arrange to “swap” dates with another member.
BEFORE THE SERVICE
- LIGHTS Check that all lights are on. The light switches are in the right back of the sanctuary. Use the click switch, not the slide/dimmer switch. Do not turn on fans unless necessary.
- PULPIT (a) Set out two cups of water on shelf under pulpit. Water cups are in a small basket on the shelf above the coats.
- (b) Make sure that the public address system is on. This is located in the audio cabinet behind the organ (second cabinet door from the left). The orange switch should be on.
- CANDLES Light candles on communion table and candelabras no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of worship service. Lighters for candles are on the organ console.
- HYMN NUMBERS Place numbers of hymns on hymn board above choir area. Numbers are kept in a box on the white shelf in the choir corner.
- CHILDREN'S ACTIVITY BASKET Place basket in narthex and encourage young children to take a pouch
GREETING AND USHERING
- Bulletins for handing out will be in the last pew on the right side.
- Steeple bell pull rope is located upstairs in the choir room. Bell should be rung 5 minutes prior to the start of worship service. Pull the rope nine  times.
- During the first hymn, count the congregation and post total on the attendance sheet in the narthex.
- During the announcements, take one basket down each aisle to collect the salmon slips for prayer concerns/celebrations and hand the slips to the Minister at the conclusion of the children’s message.
- During the Offertory walk forward to receive collection plates. At the start of the Doxology, return to the front of the church, give the offering plates to the minister, Remain there until after the Prayer of Dedication.
AFTER THE SERVICE
- Pick up any leftover bulletins and place in the recycling bin in the choir room upstairs..
- Extinguish all candles. Turn off lights/fans using the click switch.
- Please make sure the PA system (located in a cabinet next to the organ) has been shut down. Lock up Sanctuary.
Thank you for your help!
154 South Mill Road, West Windsor, NJ 08550
|| Socmed Dutchneckpc