Be Well UC
Come learn about the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) with a Lifestyle Coach! This nationally recognized program helps adults at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles by eating healthier, increasing physical activity, and losing a modest amount of weight in order to reduce their chances of developing the disease. In a classroom setting, a trained lifestyle coach will facilitate a small group of participants over 25 sessions.
The first offering of the DPP launched in March here at UC, and there will be future offerings on-campus later in the spring! Final details will be shared with those who are interested when confirmed.
Who Can Participate?
Interested employees must meet the qualifications below:
- Enrolled in the UC Anthem medical plan for duration of DPP,
- At least 18 years old,
- Overweight (BMI ≥25), and
- Prediabetes confirmed via one of 3 blood tests or previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes within 6 months of the DPP
- Attend all 25 sessions, and UC Benefits will cover the cost ($429 value)
- FREE YMCA membership for 1 year ($750 value)
- 20 Be Well UC points for completing all 25 sessions ($20 value)
Details are available at www.uc.edu/hr/bewelluc/additional-programs-resources/diabetes. Reach out to Ashley Martin at [email protected] or (513)556-0116 with questions.
9:00am - 10:00am EDT
University Hall room 310 (Medical Campus)