PA Coat Check
The 2017-18 North Carolina Symphony season is underway and this form is the place to sign up for Coat Check Duty. Please read these sign-up guidelines as well as the Coat Check Instructions carefully. They address most every issue that has arisen over the years.
1. A parent and musician pair sign up for one slot. Two pairs (4 people) work each show. Sign up for a single slot per pair. After the sign-up has been out for about a week, we will send another email notice and re-invite you to sign up for any remaining slots. More than two sign-ups from the same family before the 2nd invite will result in sign-ups being deleted. We appreciate your enthusiasm but please give all of our PA families an opportunity to participate.
2. Please write the show date on your calendar, plug it in your smart phone calendar with reminders, and commit it to memory. Make it a priority not to forget! You will also receive an automatic email reminder from Sign-Up Genius 4 days in advance of your commitment.
3. We do understand that emergencies and unforeseen events occur. If something comes up and you are unable to fulfill your commitment, it is your responsibility to find coverage. A great starting point is to check with your family members and on this SignUpGenius for another person already listed. SUG members may be willing to swap. If this becomes impossible, you may contact us for ideas about finding a replacement. Remember, it is much easier to find a replacement when they have some notice. When signing up, you will be asked to include your phone number. It is good to have this information handy on the form in the event of last minute updates.
4. The time on your sign-up slot is the latest you should arrive at Meymandi. It is one hour and 15 minutes before the show begins. Doors open to patrons one hour prior to the show and this gives you a few minutes to get set up.
5. When a show is sold out, there is the rare occasion that there will be no tickets available for coat check volunteers to see the show. Please be understanding and gracious. We appreciate you being there to serve the NC Symphony and promote the PA.
6. Follow this link http://www.ncsymphony.org/events/ for more information about each performance.
7. Do not forget to read the instruction sheet for detailed information about Coat Check Duties before you go to the concert hall. You may access it and/or print it by clicking here The job is not difficult, but does require serious attention.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email or cell.
Chrissie Ficken and Linda McCall
919-656-6536 (Chrissie - cell/text)
919-601-2599 (Linda - cell/text)
Location: Meymandi Concert Hall
|| Philharmonic Assoc. Coat Check