Thank you for your interest in joining Northwest Girlchoir! Please sign up below to secure an audition time with our Artistic Director, Sara Boos.
If there are no open spots available below, please contact Carol at [email protected] to be notified of future audition dates.
- Auditions are for girls in 3rd-12th grade in the 2018-2019 school year.
- The 20-30 minute audition is fun and educational! Northwest Girlchoir Artistic Director Sara Boos will check your daughter’s voice quality, listening skills, and musical aptitude by leading her through various musical exercises. She will assess your daughter’s ability to focus and take direction, her interest in learning new things, her kind/positive character, and her potential for working well in a group. Prospective choristers 6th grade and older should have some basic music (rhythm and pitch) reading skills. For middle/high school singers, knowledge of solfege syllables and experience reading a choral music score are preferred. 9th-12th graders should also have experience singing in a choir.
- The prospective chorister should prepare one short, simple song to sing without accompaniment. Please choose a song that allows you to sing in a simple, “classical” style, without pop/Broadway scoops or belting. Some good song choices include: Twinkle, Twinkle; America the Beautiful; a hymn; a song from school; a song from voice lessons.
- A $10 non-refundable audition fee will be charged when you sign up for an audition time below. If this is a hardship, please call Carol at 206-527-2900.
- Parents are asked to sit in on the auditions.
- Auditions take place at our office/rehearsal space: 2150 N. 122nd St., Seattle, WA 98133 (North Seattle Alliance Church). Enter through the Northwest Girlchoir office door, just south of the church East Entrance doors.
- Questions? Contact Carol at [email protected] or 206-527-2900.
- For more information on our choir programs, visit us online at www.northwestgirlchoir.org
North Seattle Alliance Church