Earth Day Omaha
Thanks again for volunteering with us!
Earth Day will go on rain or shine!
A few tips about the event:
- Dress for the weather, it is often forecast this time of year to be in the 60's and 70's with possible rain. Many jobs require walking and moving around.
- Parking for volunteers will be available at the UNO parking deck, or ride your bike and keep it in the bike parking lot in the park.
- Make sure to bring sunscreen and a water bottle; water will be available for volunteers at no charge as well as snacks. Vendors will be selling food to the public, bring cash if you’d like to support these local businesses.
- We can always accommodate an additional volunteer, so bring those friends along!
Arriving at the park:
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your shift to check in, get oriented to the park, and receive special instructions.
- Meet Candy at the Information Booth to check in and get your name tag.
- Call if you will be late or can’t make your shift (Candy at 402-208-0560), leave a message if no answer. This is critical to filling your position so that Earth Day goes smoothly.
During Earth Day:
- Please remain at your position throughout your shift barring emergencies. Each job is crucial to the event, we really do need you!
- Find Candy at the Information Booth, or an Earth Day Board member, in case of emergency. We rely on the nearly 100 volunteers to be our eyes and ears to divert a potentially dangerous situation in a crowd of 5,000+ attendees.
After your shift ends:
- Wait for your replacement to arrive before you leave if you have been instructed as such.
- Come to the Information Booth to check out with Candy. This is for safety, so that we know that you have finished with your shift.
- Be sure to fill out our survey, Candy will have the link. We want to hear what went well, and what we can improve upon!
- Enjoy the rest of the day!
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks! See you Saturday!
- Lauren & Candy -
Event Day Volunteer Coordinator