Hello Cloverly Families,
A wonderful opportunity is coming to Cloverly via Manna Food of Montgomery County. Manna's mission is to end hunger in Montgomery County - educate, advocate, and encourage healthy eating and good nutrition. "Manny," their Mobile Kitchen, will be coming to Cloverly on Tuesday, April 3rd and Tuesday, April 10th from 3:50 to 4:50 pm to lead a group of fifteen (15) students per session through a Cooking/Nutrition class. There will be one or two adults volunteers from Manna supervising students in the Mobile Kitchen. One parent volunteer will also be needed to help supervise the group in order for this class to take place! The students will work hands-on in food preparation with guidance from a Manna volunteer/s. These classes are FREE.
Class Info & Procedures:
1. The April 3rd session is "Exploring Nutrition: Vegetable Tasting," and the April 10th session is "Exploring Nutrition: Whole Grains."
2. Any 3rd thru 5th grader is eligible. (Please indicate on Signup if you are interested in their Family classes in the future, which allow some younger children. We have tentative dates set for "Manny" to come in May, too!)
3. Sessions run from 3:50 – 4:50 pm in Side Parking Lot of school (near pickup circle). Unless instructed otherwise the day before, children will meet the adult volunteer by the Pickup circle and stay with the group until the mobile kitchen class begins. The adult will have a sign identifying themselves. Please PICK UP your child promptly at 4:50 pm!
4. Signups will be collected via paper and this Sign up link. Fifteen (15) slots are open per session. Please choose only ONE of these sessions (since we are in the introductory phase of this class). If more than 15 students sign up via paper, email and signup link for a session, there will be a lottery drawing. Those students not chosen for the 4/3/18 or 4/10/18 dates will have first priority for future dates.** You will be notified the day before your scheduled date of any further instructions. REGISTRATION for a session closes at 3:00 pm TWO DAYS before the session. If there are still openings, every effort will be made to fill those openings provided interested families comply with all guidelines in a timely manner.
5. Children will not be using sharp knives or cooking near open heat. Recipes approved by certified dietician. Please list any allergies for your child!
6. **One adult/parent volunteer must be present per session/group (NOT per student, as was advertised). By entering your child's name below you are giving permission for them to be part of the noted session. Please indicate below if you would like to volunteer - first come, first served - and you must have MCPS Abuse and Neglect training. Parents DO NOT need to accompany their children for this class. All Manna volunteers have background checks & MCPS A&N training.
7. You MUST provide emergency contact info to [email protected] at least TWO DAYS prior to the class or your child will not be allowed to participate.
Cloverly Side Parking Lot
|| Theresa Phillips