The Traveling Chalice For Vocations
All things work together for good to those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Did you know that is has been 40 years since a parishioner from St. Mary's has answered the call to a religious vocation? Now more than ever, there is a need for us to pray for people exploring whether God is calling them to a religious vocation, priesthood or diaconate.
This Chalice has come to us in a special way. It was first given as a gift to Father John Trulin (friend of Father Yetter) at his ordination, and then passed on to our pastor, Father Yetter, at Father John's retirement. It is now entrusted to our parishioners to be used for this special vocation prayer ministry.
- Please sign-up to pray for vocations, by hosting in your home the traveling Chalice (cup) and Paten (plate) for one week.
- In the comment section of the sign-up please include your phone number and email address.
- We ask that you display these sacred vessels within your home and gather together to pray daily for vocations using the prayer provided within the chest.
- You will receive these sacred vessels from Father Yetter or Father Andrew after communion during the Mass time that you sign up for below.
- Please return the carrying case (containing the chalice and paten) the following weekend at the same Mass time you received it or by noon on Saturday. Bring the items to the Priest's Sacristy (In the new church foyer, second door on the right as you are facing the church doors, next to the AED sign).
Please contact Hope Chavanne by phone at 633-9535 or by email at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Thank you for participating in this wonderful ministry.
Lord, inspire us to know You better and to open our hearts to hear Your call. Amen.