Thank you for your generous service to support the men of ARISE. It would be difficult to support this wonderful program without your help.
If you are unfamiliar with the ARISE program and would like more information, please contact Amy Roberts at [email protected]/425-444-1057 or Tiara Whitney at [email protected]/206-818-0341.
St. Matthew’s has participated for many years in the Area of Renton Interfaith Shelter Endeavor (A.R.I.S.E.) program, a year –round overnight shelter for single adult men. This program provides a safe and warm place for homeless men to sleep at night. During their stay, the men graciously receive a place to sleep, an evening meal, breakfast in the morning, and a sack lunch to go. Laundry facilities are also provided. There are a host of opportunities to help out with this program. Here is a list of opportunities for you to serve!
1. Provide an evening. Set up takes place from 7:30 - 7:45pm. We open the doors at 8:00pm.
2. Provide breakfast items: fruit, cereal, pastries, cereal bars, coffee, etc.
3.Bring in sandwiches for lunch.
4. Provide sack lunch items. A few items might include: bread, lunch meat, cheese, chips, fruit, a cookie or a special treat. Bring the sandwiches to the church office during office hours or during the evening meal.
5. Donate necessary items for the men including: socks, undergarments, shoes, warm clothing, and toiletries.
6. Donate Laundry Soap. We have a washer/dryer on site that is utilized nightly by the men.