The Genius Blog
Plan the End of the School Year with These Fun Activities and Ideas
End-of-year burnout is real — for both teachers and students — but kids can learn some valuable lessons in the remaining weeks and have some fun along the way. Try these activities and ideas to help teachers and parents make the most out of the last days of school.
- Celebrate student achievements and wrap up the school year with these tips and ideas.
- Put together a summer reading program to help young minds stay nimble during break. Genius Tip: Organize a book drive to coincide with your summer reading kickoff.
- Emphasize intangibles with these character-building activities and games.
- Plan a preschool graduation with ideas including fun themes/decorations and graduation performances. Genius Tip: Collect reception refreshments with an online sign up.
- Plan a stellar school field day with these games and activities. Genius Tip: Don’t forget to organize parent volunteers with a simple sign up.
- Got a teenager? Browse these ideas for age-appropriate summer jobs or volunteer opportunities.
- Send your teacher off for the summer in style with these simple gift ideas. Genius Tip: Want to splurge on something bigger? Use SignUpGenius Payments to collect money for a group gift.
- Coordinate a high school graduation party to remember with a step-by-step guide to plan everything from the guest list and party theme to decorations and day-of logistics.
Start putting together an end-of-year plan, and you’ll be amazed how much smoother the days go!