The Genius Blog
Fall Sports are in Session
September is here, and with it brings a flurry of fall sports and activities. Football, baseball, soccer, cheerleading, cross-country, lacrosse — it almost feels like they start sooner every year! Keeping up with extracurricular activities and balancing new school responsibilities can bring stress and anxiety for both you and your child.
Here are some tips and ideas to help you support your child’s team and keep the season stress free!
- Your child’s teammates can be the best support system. Our Team Building Exercises for Youth Sports will help the kids get to know each other better.
- Sports parents, the coach cannot do it without you. Here are 20 Tips for Team Parents to Have a Successful Sports Season.
- Nourish your young athletes with these Healthy Team Snack Ideas.
- Your child will learn valuable life skills on and off the field. Here are 25 Ways to Increase Good Sportsmanship.
- Get creative and raise some all-important funds with these 25 Unique Youth Sports Fundraising Ideas!
- These Organizing Tips from SignUpGenius will help you plan everything from concession stand volunteers to snack sign ups.
And whatever you do, avoid turning into the Crazy Soccer Mom:
Remember, SignUpGenius can save you loads of time when you need to schedule team snacks and carpools, collect money for coach appreciation gifts, plan end-of-season parties and organize concession stand volunteers!
Need more? View our additional SPORTS RESOURCES!